- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
I'm afraid I could only think of five:
Plane tickets to FedCon next year so I can represent the mighty Centauri Republic with selenak.
The fourth season of Blake's 7 in any format available. I have the first on DVD, the third on video, and the second season on DVD will be arriving in January.
A Vir mood theme.
A design for a Stark Defense League t-shirt to be worn at future conventions.
More Stark/Zhaan fic. They should have their own category for the 2006 Sparky Awards.
ETA: Ah, I've thought of a sixth and seventh:
I need nice graphics for Enemies & Allies. The fanfiction there is excellent, but the graphics are ghetto. *g*
And I need graphics for a new site I want to open- a Stark/Zhaan site. This tactic seemed to work for the Centauri and the Narn afterall. I'm hoping "If you build the website, they will write" is a rule that generalizes to all fandoms. *g*
Second Edit: An eighth wish, inspired by redstarrobot:
I want Vir fic, damn it. I want andrastewhite to finish that post-Sic Transit Vir idea she had. And I want other fic too. I want to see other people besides me do Vir. 'Kay? *g*