2) It's under 2000 words.
3) A strong friendship takes center stage.
4) With very, very few exceptions, sex doesn't exist. Or if it does, it's relegated to those moments after the fade-out.
5) Plot? What plot?
6) On the other hand, there is description - if the characters are sitting before a lavish feast, you'll probably be told what the main course smells like.
7) There is also angst. Somebody cries.
8) People blush a lot.
9) Friends touch each other a bit more than is strictly canon. This author likes platonic cuddling.
10) The story may end a little abruptly.
gakked from selenak